Passion for purchasing and negotiating. A creative, team player dedicated to sourcing and reviewing oversea suppliers while ensuring current costs, margins and forecasts are well aligned with company strategy. DALS Lighting Inc., is a manufacturer of LED lighting products focusing on innovative and emerging technologies.
Our lighting systems are displayed and stocked at several lighting showrooms, electrical distributors, and retailers. Our products are also sold on projects across North America through an extensive network of agents who work with architects, engineers, contractors and distributors. We strive for excellent service, superior to market lead times, environmental innovation and product quality.
DALS Lighting is currently offering an excellent career opportunity for a Purchasing & Sourcing agent position. The candidate will be responsible for working with the Supply chain and Operations team to source and and select suitable suppliers based on price, reliability and product quality. You will need to perform a market analysis, create items and various tasks associated with purchasing and operational tasks. The candidate must be an energetic individual who has a passion for numbers, accuracy, and demonstrates our core cultural values in performing daily tasks.
TOP JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessing and obtaining quotes for products while compiling a detailed assessment of cost breakdowns from various suppliers.
- Negotiating price, quantity, and delivery schedules with suppliers.
- Performs detailed analysis for product categories, commodities, price lists and vendors to then update the key performance indicators and compile reports.
- Generating quote comparisons, and contributing to internal supplier selection based on the specs while collaborating with the sales and product team.
- Research and negotiate with potential suppliers who will be able to satisfy R&D needs, but also those of the regular production of products.
- Be involved in the product launch process by collaborating with the Product team
- Any other tasks and responsibilities requested by Management related to purchasing and/or Product launches.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
6 MONTHS… You are familiar with our current suppliers and our company goals. You have reached out to new suppliers, and build & maintain a database of potential fits to our organization. You have become familiar with the process for our new product roadmap.
12 MONTHS… You are able to negotiate with suppliers, make sourcing recommendations and ensure target costs are met for new product launches based on the market. Can effectively propose new factories and compare quotes among several of them.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Can work effectively in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets
- Negotiation skills
- Detail Oriented
- Highly organized
- Customer focused
- Team player
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
QUALIFICATIONS & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in Buying/Sourcing role
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, logistics, supply chain or related field
- Ability to Multitask
DALS Lighting offers an exceptional work environment, competitive salary & group insurance.
For consideration, send resume and cover letter to: Alessandro Enea – Aenea@dals.com
Sector : Purchasing & Sourcing
City : Blainville
Years of experience : 5